Arts and Entertainment provide “Energy for Body, Mind, and Soul”
It is a vital program of activities that stimulates residents cognitively, culturally, creatively, psychologically, spiritually, and physically and promotes individual and group pleasure and social interaction. It all starts with a monthly calendar that outlines fun, exciting, and engaging activities --- okay a calendar is a calendar but when you put it together with talented, passionate, and energizing staff, it becomes a daily delight for our residents. Our staff delivers specialized activities for all of the Grace Park Senior Living lifestyles.
Arts and Entertainment offer daily activities, such as:
- Exercise class
- Current events
- Walking club
- Education seminars linked to arts and crafts projects
- Mind-stimulating activities
- Cocktail hour with live entertainment twice a week
Arts and Entertainment offer weekly activities such as:
- Shopping at local vendors
- Cooking class that includes a chef demonstration
- Regular church services
- Bible study
- Dining out at local restaurants
- Movies in our multi-purpose room
- Happy hour
It also arranges very special monthly extra activities,
- Ice cream runs
- Mystery trips – they never know where they are going!
- Horse-drawn carriage rides in Bethlehem
- Overnight stay at local bed and breakfasts
- Trips to the casino
- Themed events that start with an educational seminar, music, dance, arts, and craft and end with a very special dinner
- Concert in the Park series, held here at Grace Park Senior Living that features classical and Big Band music, and music from the ’30s, ’40s and ’50s and the standards…
- Country rides – through the four seasons
- Shows at the Shawnee Playhouse
- Feeding the fish at the Paradise Fish Preserve
- Our seniors are very civic-minded. They contribute to community projects and Arts and Entertainment helps them to make the connections.
We are very proud to say that our seniors support our community in the following ways:
- Making blankets for Pocono Medical Center’s cancer center and maternity ward. One resident knitted 13 sets of hats and booties per month herself!
- They support Girl Scouts of the PA Heartland with their Silver Award requirements.
- Our seniors participate in programs designed and led by college students who are working on their undergraduate degrees at East Stroudsburg University.
- And everyone enjoys it when the American Therapy Dog Association visits!