Arts and Entertainment provides “Energy for Body, Mind and Soul”.
It is a vital program of activities that stimulates residents cognitively, culturally, creatively, psychologically, spiritually and physically and promotes individual and group pleasure and social interaction. It all starts with a monthly calendar that outlines fun, exciting and engaging activities --- okay a calendar is a calendar but when you put it together with talented, passionate and energizing staff, it becomes a daily delight for our residents. Our staff delivers specialized activities for all of the Grace Park Senior Living lifestyles.
Arts and Entertainment offer daily activities, such as:
- Exercise class
- Current events
- Walking club
- Education seminars linked to arts and crafts projects
- Mind simulating activities, and
- They also offer 2 times a week - cocktail hour with live entertainment.
Weekly, Arts and Entertainment offers:
- Shopping at local vendors
- Cooking class that incudes a chef demonstration
- Regular church services
- Bible study
- Dining out at local restaurants
- Movies in our multi-purpose room
- Happy Hour
They also arrange very special monthly extras activities as well, including:
- Ice cream runs
- Mystery trips – they never know where they going!
- Horse drawn carriage rides in Bethlehem
- Overnight stay at local bed and breakfasts
- Trips to the casino
- Themed events that start with educational seminar, music, dance, arts and craft and end with a very special dinner
- Concert in the Park series, held here at Grace Park Senior Living that feature, classical music, big band, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s, and the standards…
- Country rides – through the 4 seasons
- Shows at the Shawnee Play House
- Feeding the fish at the Paradise Fish Preserve
- Our seniors are very civic minded, they contribute to the community projects and Arts and Entertainment help them to make the connections.
We are very proud to say that our seniors support our community in the following ways:
- Making blankets for Pocono Medical Center’s cancer center and maternity ward. One resident knits 13 sets of a hat and booties per month herself!
- They support Girl Scouts of the PA Heartland with their Silver Award requirements
- Our seniors participate in programs designed and lead by college student who are working on their undergraduate degrees from East Stroudsburg University
- And everyone enjoys when the American Therapy Dog Association visits!